Site news

Required Driver's Education Documents

Picture of Kevin Busk
Required Driver's Education Documents
by Kevin Busk - Wednesday, 30 January 2019, 8:36 PM
For the Driver's Education Course - What Documentation Do I Need?

When you apply for a driver’s license or permit, you must provide the following documentation:

Documentary proof of your legal name and date of birth.

  • Original Social Security Number. A Social Security card must be presented for verification or you must present an approved waiver from the Social Security Administration or the Internal Revenue Service.
  • Original Birth Certificate issued by the State of Alaska. (Copies are not accepted)
  • A parent/guardian consent for a minor form must be signed by a parent/guardian which is required by the Department of Motor Vehicles in order for students to apply for a learner's or driver's permit. A faxed copy is NOT acceptable. It must be the original document.
  • Proof of residency (which is by having a tribal ID or utility bill in student's name)

Check out the Sessions Calendar or contact a NACTEC teacher at 443-7682 if you have any questions or concerns.