Site news

What Do You Need To Get Your Driver's License?

Picture of Chick Beckley
What Do You Need To Get Your Driver's License?
by Chick Beckley - Thursday, 25 August 2016, 4:06 PM
For the Driver's Education Course - What Documentation Do I Need?

When you apply for a driver’s license or permit, you must provide the following documentation:

Documentary proof of your legal name and date of birth.

  • Original Social Security Number. A Social Security card must be presented for verification or you must present an approved waiver from the Social Security Administration or the Internal Revenue Service.
  • A parent/guardian consent for a minor form must be signed by a parent/guardian which is required by the Department of Motor Vehicles in order for students to apply for a learner's or driver's permit. A faxed copy is NOT acceptable. It must be the original document.
  • Proof of residency (all students must have this form filled out and notarized. Students under 18 years of age must have the parent or legal guardian sign and notarize.

Check out the Sessions Calendar or contact a NACTEC teacher at 443-7682 if you have any questions or concerns.


(Edited by Kevin Busk - original submission Friday, 19 June 2015, 2:28 PM)