You are not logged in. (Login)

Skip Main menuSkip Session Newsletters

Session Newsletters

Click HERE to view and download newsletters from the archive!
Skip Course categoriesSkip NACTEC Photos

NACTEC Site news

right angle square
Summer Sessions Enrollment Open!
by Nathan Pitt - Thursday, April 16, 2015, 04:15 PM
Entrepreneurship Flier
NCCER Core Construction Training Flier

Health Aide Training Fier
right angle square
What Do You Need to Get Your Driver's License?
by Nathan Pitt - Tuesday, September 27, 2011, 04:05 PM
For the Driver's Education Course - What Documentation Do I Need?

When you apply for a driver’s license or permit, you must provide the following documentation:

Documentary proof of your legal name and date of birth.

  • Original Social Security Number. A Social Security card must be presented for verification or you must present an approved waiver from the Social Security Administration or the Internal Revenue Service.
  • A parent/guardian consent for a minor form must be signed by a parent/guardian which is required by the Department of Motor Vehicles in order for students to apply for a learner's or driver's permit. A faxed copy is NOT acceptable. It must be the original document.
  • Proof of residency (all students must have this form filled out and notarized. Students under 18 years of age must have the parent or legal guardian sign and notarize.

Check out the Sessions Calendar or contact a NACTEC teacher at 443-7682 if you have any questions or concerns.

right angle square
What Must You Bring to Get an ID Card?
by Nathan Pitt - Tuesday, September 27, 2011, 04:04 PM
What Students Need to Bring to Get an ID Card

In order to obtain an Alaska State Identification Card, students must provide the following documentation:
  • An original or certified copy of a U.S. birth certificate (from Vital Statistics, not the Hospital)
  • Original Social Security Card
  • Parental Consent Form (if under age 18)
  • Proof of Residency (all students, including over age 18, must have this parental affidavit filled out and notorized. If under age 18, a parent or legal guardian must sign and have notorized)
There is no age limitation for a State identification card. An identification card is valid for five years after issuance and will expire on the applicant's birth date.

Please visit the DMV website for more information on obtaining an Alaska identification card.

Skip Training Calendar

Training Calendar

Click to view and/or download the Training Calendar
Skip Apply to NACTEC

Apply to NACTEC

Click here to download NACTEC applications!
Skip Nathan Pitt, Program Coordinator

Nathan Pitt, Program Coordinator

Nathan Pitt, Program Coordinator
Skip Doug Walrath, Director

Doug Walrath, Director

Douglas J. Walrath Ph.D
Skip Contact Us

Contact Us

Skip External Sites of InterestSkip About NACTEC


Together the Bering Strait School District (BSSD) and Nome Public Schools (NPS) developed the Northwestern Alaska Career and Technical Center (NACTEC), a joint-venture regional vocational training center located in Nome. NACTEC was designed to provide Bering Strait School District and Nome Public Schools high school students with the necessary resources and skills for employment opportunities, the pursuit of postsecondary education, and independent living skills through instruction in four focus areas: career and technical skills, career exploration, life skills, and work readiness skills.

Skip NACTEC on Facebook

NACTEC on Facebook

Click here to visit our Facebook page!
Skip ClustrMap